Monday, November 12, 2012

Not (so) Lazy Anymore!

I really wish I could put fireworks and shiny stuff all over this post to really spruce up the 'reveal'. But since I can't, this snazzy picture will have to do. This is my granny bottom bag that I finished a few days ago. It honestly was a super easy pattern to follow, being that the majority is a granny square. Other than that, I think the lining was the most taxing part. Mostly because I really wasn't in any sort of mood to sew that day. Or measure. Or anything. I also didn't really pick a matching colour which is kind of bugging me now.But the fact that I finally finished something, and the fact that it's for myself, makes it even more satisfying. Now if only I could get this kind of oomph and finish other projects I have everywhere. Another thing I finished this past weekend was a hat for my oldest daughter. I made them each a basic beanie a while ago, but when they saw all the owl toques I was making, they all wanted one. So I started to slowly make them each one. #3's hat was an owl, done in a brown and a multi colour.
#2's favorite colour is purple, and she wanted her owl done in colours that matched her beanie. So I used a variegated purple, and a lime green.
Then, as I was finishing the basic hat for #1, she asked me if she could have a different hat from her sisters. So I said sure, what did she want. Well, silly mommy. She wanted a monster hat. With a hairbow. Right here is where I should point out #1 is my girly girl drama queen. Thats why her hat needed a hairbow.
I've never really seen a monster who wears a hairbow, but hey, it keeps MY monster happy. My dad had picked #1 up from school today, and when he dropped her off, he told me the only way he can find her on the playground, was by searching out her hat. Perfect. Multi purpose items here my friends!
Ps! I was thinking about it the other day, and I finally have a facebook page set up if you want to see my other creations, or maybe see about ordering something for yourself!
www.facebook.com/TangledWebDesign
Let me know what you all think, and like the page for a chance to have your name drawn for a giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment