Monday, November 5, 2012

A Look at The Past

I've had some sort of evil flu the last couple days, so during the periods of consciousness that I've had, I've been working on a granny bottom bag that I found on Ravelry. I think I almost have it to the size I want, so I'll be needing to start on the lining soon. However, this isn't my first creation with the hook. I think the first thing I made was a baby blanket for my youngest daughter. It's a basic square in single crochet, done in a cotton yarn. Nothing spectacular, and doesn't belong in a museum, but it was the one thing I had finished. From there, I moved onto dish cloths, scarves, and all the easy basic things I could think of. Why? Because I was almost positive I would never be able to learn how to crochet in the round. I proved myself wrong, and have found a new favorite: Hats. Owl hats, puppy hats, monster hats, plain beanies, slouchies... I love them. Here's a little sneak peek at my growing list of finished creations!




I've got more in the pile, but these are some of my favorites. Other than finally getting myself to actually FINISH things... I need to work on my photographing skills... Or lack thereof. *sigh* So much to learn! 

No comments:

Post a Comment