Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Press On Manicures: Yay or Nay?

So for the latest Influenster box I received, I must say I was much less than thrilled. Before I go any further, I should explain what was in this box.
The contents of this box actually intrigued me at first I must say. I know I've said it before, but I'll explain a little again. My nails essentially are the worst things on earth. I hate them. I kind of wish I could just wear mittens all the time without sweaty nasty hands, so I wouldn't have to let people see them. My body has a serious issue with keeping my iron levels at even a meager level. Where the "normal" for most people is 14 (insert appropriate unit of measure here), mine is forever sitting between 1 and 1 1/2. And, where the simple fix would be to take iron pills, again my body will have none of that! I have a tendency to actually be unable to digest the pills, and end up throwing them up within about 10 minutes. Same for the liquid, except in a much accelerated pace. Oh. Fecking. Yay. So, as a result, my nails peel. I can literally peel them off in layers. The crack, and break and are just not pretty. The only real way I've found that works to deal with this, is to either keep them super short to try and prevent the peeling (which really isn't as effective as I would like) or to use gel nails or something like that. When I found out that the Influesnter box I was getting contained the Broadway Nails imPRESS press on manicure, I was actually excited to see if this was possibly something that would work for me. Before this, I honestly think the last time I used press on nails, I was like... 6? So I wasn't too sure what to expect. When you get the product, the nails are actually in a polish bottle shaped container, which I must say is a cute idea. While I wasn't the biggest fan of the designs I received, after looking at them on Instagram and at my Walmart, they do have some really adorable designs that I would quite enjoy wearing. And those two things are about the only positives I can think of about this product in my opinion. I think I've also mentioned before my nails aren't the most normal shape, especially my thumbs and my middle fingers. So right away I had an issue fitting those nails with some of the press ons. Fitting these to my fingers was reminding me a lot of me trying to go shopping for jeans. If they fit my waist, they never fit my legs. If they're the perfect fit in the leg, they definitely don't fit in the waist. The nails were either too wide, or too long for me. The length for my thumbs was absolutely perfect. The width, not so much. The jabbed into my cuticles, and almost ended up lifting the skin around my nails. Not happy. The ring finger and pinkie weren't terrible, but the length was totally off. Where the others were all the same length and were a totally manageable length, these two fingers made me look like I had an Edward Scissorhands thing going on. I still tried to stick it out. They say that when applied correctly, they can last up to a week. I really can't vouch for this because mine didn't even make it two hours. I've heard from a few other people that they were able to wash dishes, and shower and do all their normal activities with these contraptions on. Not I. I attempted to shower and while massaging my shampoo into my cranium, I actually ended up pulling out a fair amount of hair that got caught under one of them. Before I showered I made sure everything was well pressed down, because this is definitely not one of my favorite things to have happen. So, after exiting the shower, I promptly removed them, and haven't had any interest in reapplying them. Honestly, if I had to give a score out of 10, I would probably have to go with maybe a 3. Only because the colours and designs are really awesome, and the packaging is cute. Otherwise, no. I will probably never buy these or really recommend them to anyone. What about you? Has anyone else tried them? What say you!?

No comments:

Post a Comment